Interested in writing for us? Here are the ground rules:
- Before putting pen to paper, email a brief description of your idea to Jonathan(at)JonathanClements.com. We’ll let you know within a few days whether we’re interested. Please note that HumbleDollar does not accept sponsored content.
- Blogs should talk about a financial issue you have faced—and how you dealt with it. You may not have credibility as a financial guru. But if you write about an issue that you personally have grappled with, you’ll have instant credibility, simply because you’ve experienced it. Uncomfortable discussing your own finances? HumbleDollar isn’t the right venue for your writing.
- Blogs should typically run 500 or so words, though they’re occasionally much longer. Expect to be edited and perhaps heavily edited. But fear not: Nothing will appear until you’ve had a chance to review it.
- HumbleDollar will pay $50 per blog if—and only if—it is published. HumbleDollar’s overriding goal is to help everyday Americans be smarter with their money. If you write for us, you should consider it a public service that happens to be accompanied by a small token of our thanks.
- If one of your blogs appears on HumbleDollar, please share it via Facebook, Twitter and any other social media platform you use.